How To Delete Reddit account on the app: Full Guide Here –
In today’s article, we will learn how to delete Reddit account on app. Reddit is truly one of the greatest broadly used online public networking services in the world.
It contains a large number of forums and communities, known as’ subreddits,’ where users may exchange news and other information and comment on other people’s postings.
Despite the fact that Reddit has over 435 million monthly active users, many individuals desire to cancel their accounts.
Reddit may take up a lot of time and add to your digital clutter. Besides, the stage has faced data safety snags in the previous.
Users have previously expressed dissatisfaction with social sites that share user information with third companies, such as Reddit. While GDPR compliance might help close some of these gaps, many businesses are still far from being compliant.
Did you recognize that you might inactivate info allocation in Reddit’s profile settings? Probably not, because this isn’t something Reddit brags about.
If you’re worried about your personal information being misused, you might want to avoid Reddit completely.
Perhaps you’d want to learn how to Delete Reddit account on app or How to delete a Reddit account on the iPhone app disables your Reddit profile for a few days or months, or retrieve a deleted Reddit profile.
Unfortunately, Reddit does not offer a temporary deactivation option. We’ll walk you through the process of how to Delete the Reddit account on the app, and Windows PC, Mac, and Chrome browsers.
Also, check- how to HTTPS www Twitch TV Activate
What Exactly Is Reddit and How to Delete a Reddit account on the app?
Before we can grasp “How to Delete Reddit Account on App,” we must first understand what Reddit is.
Reddit is a social networking website that allows anybody to build and administer their own community, known as a sub-reddit on Reddit.
The whole platform functions as a social aggregation site, with users curating information that they either find on the internet or produce themselves.
They then post it to their sub-reddit, where other Reddit users may comment, debate, and vote on it, pushing the most popular material to the top of the screen and assertive less general info down & out of vision.
When you’re not signed in, Reddit’s home page displays a somewhat filtered version of all “safe” communities, arranged from top to bottom by most popular.
When you’re signed in, Reddit’s main page lists all of the sub-reddits you’ve joined, in order of most popular content from top to bottom.
Now that we’ve established what Reddit is, let’s look at some of the main distinctions you’ll need to know in order to succeed on the social media behemoth.
What Makes Reddit Unique?
Our aim as marketers is to get in front of potential consumers with a message that is compelling enough for them to make a purchase, remember our brand, and maybe express all of their family & support us.
Reddit is unusual in that it is the only social aggregation site that has survived, grown, and stayed committed to its audience out of all the ones who started this entire social media thing.
Not to mention that it is one of the only social media sites available today where individuals aren’t just attempting to keep up with friends and family or kill time while waiting in line at Starbucks.
Set aside for a minute the fact that ‘How to Delete Reddit account on app’ is responsible for –
- Shaping today’s Internet culture.
- Many of the memes were created by me.
- Assisting in the development of crowdfunding.
- Inventing the AMA (Ask Me Anything) interview format.
Instead, Redditors want to learn about, read about, and discuss all of the significant problems in their lives.
In fact, Reddit is believed to be visited by 32 percent of all Americans every month, with over 430 million monthly visitors and over 30 billion monthly screen views. Around 82 percent of those are English speakers, with 60 percent hailing from the United States.
Furthermore, Reddit has a fairly evenly split male and female readership, with 78 percent of college graduates, average age of 35, and a typical family income of $92,500 each year.
Because the audience is so important, Reddit attracts the likes of Bill Gates, Snoop Dogg, Toyota, and a slew of other celebrities, influencers, businesses, and politicians on a regular basis.
However, in order to succeed on Reddit, one must first grasp what makes Reddit special and distinct from other social networking networks.
What is the difference between deleting a Reddit account and deactivating it?
Because Reddit doesn’t have a deactivating tool, you won’t be able to disable your profile for a few days. Are you still looking for a How to Delete Reddit account on app?
You can remove your account completely, but you can’t deactivate your profile for the time being, as you can on other social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
If you don’t delete your Reddit comments before Deleting your Reddit account on the app, they may still be viewable. There will be no username associated with your remark when you remove your profile. Your Reddit username, however, will be shown as [removed].
How to Delete Reddit Account on App Permanently—but Your Comments Will Live On
Before you go any further, you should be aware that How to Delete a Reddit account on the app a permanent action is.
Unlike Facebook and Twitter, Reddit does not allow users to temporarily deactivate and then reactivate their accounts.
You will no longer be able to access your account once you deactivate it, but your previous posts and comments will not be deleted.
They will still remain on the site, but they will no longer be associated with your login. So be sure you’re 100% sure you want to delete your account before you do so because you won’t be able to change your mind afterward.
Deleting Previous Activities is a Time-consuming and Exhausting Process
If you want to totally erase all evidence of your Reddit activity, you’ll have to click “delete” on each individual post, comment, and direct message, which might take a long time depending on how long you’ve been a Reddit member and how active you were. There are, however, a few shortcuts that can speed up the procedure.
- Log into your Reddit account and go to the upper left corner of the screen and click on your avatar.
- From the menu, choose “My Profile.” On a desktop, click your profile name in the top right corner of the menu.
- Go to “Posts” and you’ll see a list of all the posts you’ve made.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the post you wish to delete, then click the delete button.
- Then Choice “Delete Post” after the choice that seems.
- Repeat this process for all posts, and then follow the identical steps for the “Comments” page, which will collect all of your previous comments and responses to other users’ posts.
- If you’ve been a frequent Reddit user, be prepared to press this button a lot.
How to Delete Reddit Account on App Permanently?
Once you’ve checked to ensure that you have successfully deleted any posts and comments that you wish to remove from the site, you’re ready to delete your Reddit account.
You can remove comments and posts from the Reddit app and mobile browser, so you’ll have to log in to the application using your computer’s internet browser.
- On a pc, select the avatar at the top of the front page when you’ve logged into your Reddit profile.
- Then Choice the “Account Settings” menu.
- Now you can click on “Deactivate Account.”
- • If you sign up with Reddit using your Google and Apple ID, make sure you scroll top to the bottom to the “Attached Accounts” section & click “Disconnect” beside the account setup you utilized.
- To confirm your account deactivation, you will need to enter your Reddit password. Uncertainty if you really don’t have login credentials, you will be requested to make one.
How to Delete Reddit Account on Desktop?
When attempting for How to Delete Reddit Account on a desktop, keep the following points in mind –
When you’ve made the decision to deactivate your Reddit account, you might wonder if your posts and comments would be deleted as well. No, no, and no.
Your content will still be viewable on Reddit, but your profile name will be replaced with [Deleted]. Before you cancel your account, you should erase all of your posts and comments.
- For each post and comment, you’ll have to do it manually.
- Confirm that you are logged in to your profile.
- At the top of the page, next to Overview, click on Posts.
- To activate the overflow menu, click the three dots that appear below your post to see the Delete option.
- To remove the post, simply click on it. Apply the same logic to any comments.
- Now check for User Settings below Profile in the upper right crook of your display.
- Click on User Settings and scroll down to the Deactivate Reddit Account option, which is highlighted in red.
- Select Deactivate Account from the drop-down menu. Reddit may question you why you want to close your account in a window; answering these questions is available.
- Enter your e-mail address and password. We realize that deactivated accounts are not recoverable,’ tick the box. And then click it to continue.
Another popup will appear, asking you to confirm that you wish to cancel the account. To finish the deletion, click Deactivate.
If you were using your Google and Apple users to sign up, go over to the Linked Accounts menu and click the disconnect button beside the Google and Apple profile you utilized.
How to delete Reddit account on an iPhone app or Mobile Device?
Before you delete your Reddit account, bear in mind that all of your data, including posts, comments, and other information, will be permanently erased.
You are really not able to right to use your Reddit account when you deleted it. Follow the steps below on How to delete a Reddit account on the iPhone app –
- Firstly you have to Go on your Reddit account & then do sign in.
- To access your profile, tap the symbol in the top left corner of your screen.
- Go to the Settings tab. Scroll down and select Help FAQ from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be sent to the Reddit Help page, which includes a search bar. When you type in “deactivate,” the article “How do I deactivate my account?” it looks at the upper of the search results.
- To see the article, click on the title hyperlink.
- When you click the link in the article, you’ll be sent to the deactivating screen, which is quite similar to the one on a PC.
- As part of the security routine, fill in the reason for deactivation and your login and password.
- Accept that deleted accounts cannot be recovered by checking the box. To carry on, tick on the “disable account” choice.
You’ll get another popup from Reddit asking if you’re sure you want to deactivate your account. To deactivate your account, click “Deactivate.”
Try login in with your credentials to ensure that your account has been deleted. An error notice will appear.
Final Thoughts on Deleting Your Reddit Account –
If you’re serious about controlling your online presence and improving your online security, you’ll need How to delete Reddit accounts on the iPhone app and other social media sites.
Every online account is a possible target for hackers, identity thieves, online abuse, data breaches, and other potentially disastrous occurrences.
It may take some time and effort to delete your Reddit account—and the posts linked with it—but the peace of mind you’ll receive from knowing you’ve lowered your chance of being a victim of cybercrime is well worth it.
If you’re quitting Reddit because of data privacy concerns, you should be cautious about providing personal information on other social networking platforms as well.
Distribution of private info online, such as age, position, & break greetings, can main to individuality stealing & break-in.
Examine the privacy rules of the social networking sites to which you have subscribed, and be cautious about the information you share there.
Avoid providing social media sites access to your location and alter your privacy settings to only share content with family and close friends.
Frequently Ask Questions –
Q.) Why is it that I can’t delete my Reddit account?
You’ll need to enter your Reddit password to confirm the deactivation of your account. If you encounter an error when attempting to cancel your account, double-check that your password is accurate.
Q.) On iOS, How to delete a Reddit account on the iPhone app?
Open the Reddit app, hit your profile symbol, scroll down to Settings, and tap the Help and FAQs tab.
Enter the word Deactivate account in the search field and press the search button to bring up a new webpage. Now, from the list of results, choose the ‘how do I Deactivate my account?’ inquiry.
Q.) Is it true that Reddit deletes inactive accounts?
Reddit is a popular social networking platform. This implies that dormant accounts are not deleted. When a user’s account has been dormant for more than 12 months, it will be removed automatically.
Q.) Is it possible to completely erase Reddit posts?
By going to your profile settings, you may delete a Reddit post that you aren’t proud of or that is no longer relevant.
Both the Reddit website and the Reddit mobile app allow you to delete content, although the process differs differently for each. More stories may be found in Business Insider’s Tech Reference collection.
Q.) What happens to Reddit usernames that aren’t used?
A couple of things happen when you delete your Reddit account: Your account has been deactivated on Reddit.
This includes removing your username from your post history, comment history, karma, cake day, avatar, and any other profile information you’ve created.
Q.) Is it possible to restore deleted Reddit posts?
No one else can see your post if you delete it. It’s gone from your history page as well as the thread/subreddit where you submitted it.
It’s no longer there. Only the Reddit administrators may see it if they rummage through their servers’ archives.
Q.) Is it possible for Reddit to see my history?
No. They can, however, see what subreddits you’ve posted/commented in. People will be able to see what you have upvoted/downvoted if you select the setting to make your votes public (click on preferences then scroll down to privacy choices).
Q.) Is it possible to hijack a Reddit account?
See this page if you received a message from Reddit that you need to reset your password. If you feel your account has been hacked, please inform the administrators here and specify “Account Hacked” as the issue type.
Make sure to provide the impacted account’s username and a brief explanation of why you’re worried.
Q.) How can I keep track of my Reddit activity?
When you click the Reddit person, you’ll get a list of names and when they were last viewed. You may go to the user’s page and check their recent activity by clicking their name.
It’s important to note that you don’t need to be signed in to Reddit or even have it open on your computer for this to function.
Q.) How can I deactivate my Reddit account for good?
Locate User Settings under Profile in the top right corner of your screen. Click on User Settings and scroll down to the Deactivate Account option, which is highlighted in red.
Select Deactivate Account from the drop-down menu. The reason for deleting Reddit account will be asked in a popup by Reddit; answering this question is optional.