With the rapid increase of cybercrimes, mobile forensic has got more active and alerted towards every online movement. Mobile forensic is to gather important information or evidence that can resolve a criminal case asap.
With the excessive number of mobile users globally, the chances of being exposed to hacking activities have increased dramatically. One of the biggest reasons is our dependency on mobile phones. For all these unsure circumstances, mobile forensic works as a robust solution holding the potential to resolve many cases rapidly.
What are the most common steps involved in a mobile forensic case?
The number of steps involved in a cybersecurity case depends on the seriousness of the issue. If we talk about the standard steps, it encompasses –
- Seizure – Most digital forensics are operated based on collected evidence. Here, the evidence should be well preserved, processed, and admissible to be presented in front of law enforcement. The most common types of risks involved in such circumstances are – network cellular connection and lock activation.
- Airplane mode – Generally, mobile devices are seized switched on as they are easy targets for fetching delicate information. Here, the easiest way to escape the transfer of information is using airplane mode, which keeps data safe while giving you complete access to the device.
- Phone jammers – It is an external box that supplies sufficient power to control multiple mobile phones in one go. This is a common yet effective technique used under mobile forensic processes. It is a container used for isolating mobile devices from the different network communication devices and settings in simple language. Generally, it is used for the sake of transferring the data safely. Many professionals use Cell Phone Forensics Software for easy transfer without hampering the data anyhow. Once your phone comes under the jammer’s range, it may stop GPS, hotspot, Wi-Fi connectivity, etc.
- Acquisition – This includes the thorough identification of evidence and information collected via different mediums. Here, the purpose is to retrieve the data from the different mobile devices and use it wisely. This process encompasses the involvement of a professional who begins the process with unlocking the devices using a pattern, password, biometric techniques, etc.
These common steps help you reach halfway through the promising results.
Common benefits of using mobile forensics are –
The primary aim of cell phone forensics is to recover common digital evidence using mobile data. The professionals perform it in such a manner that the evidence remains in a protective shield for long. It assists the investigator in different approaches, including –
- GPS location – The exact location of the user or mobile device is enough to retrieve many delicate information types. That’s why mobile forensics help to outline the device location stopping the cybercriminal activity.
- Phone logs – It assists with recovering the call history and other details.
The use of mobile forensic is getting familiar with the increase of cybercrime globally. It awakens an alarming situation to preserve your data and use it wisely on the internet. Here, solutions like mobile forensics work as a boon to eradicate data hacking and other unethical practices.